Freshmen Merit Scholarships for Fall 2015
Merit scholarships are offered to students based upon the information gathered from the University of Evansville Application for Admission and Scholarship. The University of Evansville offers rolling admission, with an Early Action deadline of Monday, December 1, 2014. Students who meet the early action deadline receive the strongest scholarship consideration. Students submitting their admission application after December 1 are eligible for scholarships based on fund availability.
All scholarships are for first-time, domestic, full-time freshmen in traditional undergraduate degree programs who will enter UE in fall 2015. Students may receive one award listed in purple — the award of highest value.
Merit Based Scholarships
- Academic scholarships are determined based on the student’s academic record comprised of test scores, high school GPA, and difficulty of curriculum. Scholarships range in value from a total of $44,000 to $80,000 over four years ($11,000 - $20,000 per year.)
Performing Arts Scholarships
- Auditions are required for students applying to the Departments of Music or Theatre, to earn admission to the program and for scholarship evaluation.
- Scholarship value is influenced by both academic ability and performing arts talent.
- Scholarship notification will come AFTER the audition.
National Merit Finalist, National Achievement Finalist, and National Hispanic Scholar Awards (Full-tuition)
- Students receiving these distinctions will receive a full-tuition scholarship annually if they list UE as their college choice with the National Merit Corporation by the their published deadline. Renewable with a UE GPA of 3.0.
All of the following scholarships may stack with your academic ability/performing arts scholarship, up to full-tuition, based on leadership, service, and credential verification.
Science and Math Scholarships – (up to $4,000 per year) For more information, please see the (SAMS) Program web page.
Davidson Scholar Day – Highest achieving students who complete their Application for Admission by December 1 may be invited to attend Davidson Scholar Day to compete for additional scholarships.
University of Evansville Scouting Scholarship – Candidates must have earned the Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout, Girl Scouts of the USA Gold Award, Sea Scouting Quartermaster Award, American Heritage Girls Stars and Stripes Award, or Venturing Silver Award.
William L. Ridgway Award – Candidates must be dependent students who maintain permanent residence in Vanderburgh County or who will graduate from an accredited high school located in Vanderburgh County.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Award – Awarded to students who earn the International Baccalaureate diploma.
Legacy Award – Awarded to children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of UE graduates.
Sibling Scholarship – Awarded to students who have a sibling attending UE. A student that qualifies for both the Legacy Award and the Sibling Scholarship will receive the Legacy Award.
United Methodist Scholarship – Awarded if student is an active member of a United Methodist Church.
Art Major Scholarships – Applicants who will major in the visual arts may submit a portfolio of work to the Department of Art by March 1, 2015.
Music Ensemble Grant for non-music majors – Students must complete an audition with the Department of Music by March 1, 2015, and demonstrate sufficient talent to participate in band, choir, or orchestra. Renewal requires continued participation in an eligible ensemble.
Manager and Trainer Grants – Awarded at the discretion of UE's athletics manager or trainer to students who assist with UE's NCAA Division I athletics teams.
Renewal Criteria – UE scholarships are renewable annually if student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress each May. The awards listed below have a higher GPA requirement for full renewal. See also UE Housing requirement as it relates to full-renewal of scholarships.
- 3.00 GPA required for full renewal of all National Merit awards, Trustee, and President’s.
- 2.50 GPA required for full renewal of Dean's, Faculty, Academic, Music and Theatre Scholarships.