Frequently Asked Questions
- How will The Big Freeze affect the incoming classes of 2014 and beyond?
- The Big Freeze affects current students and the incoming class of 2013. Tuition decisions for future classes will be made during the upcoming academic year.
- Will other costs, such as fees, room, and board, increase while tuition is frozen?
- While tuition will be locked in for four years of undergraduate study, fees, room, and board will increase annually at a rate consistent with recent years. Click the links above to see how those costs have increased since 2007.
- Will The Big Freeze affect the amount of financial aid I can receive from the University of Evansville?
- No. UE offers merit-based scholarships based on a student's GPA, SAT, or ACT scores. Need-based aid is provided to students who file the FAFSA and who demonstrate financial need.
- How will The Big Freeze affect programs that require more than four years?
- The Big Freeze guarantees a locked tuition for four years of study in a traditional undergraduate program. Requests for an extension of that locked tuition will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- How will The Big Freeze affect part-time students? Students in Adult Education programs?
- The Big Freeze will not affect part-time students or students in Adult Eduation programs. Regular tuition rates apply.
- How will current students' tuition be affected by The Big Freeze - including those in programs that require more than four years to complete?
- Current students' tuition will be locked by The Big Freeze through their fourth year of study at the University of Evansville. For example, a current sophomore will have three years with tuition locked at The Big Freeze rate; a current junior will have two years, etc. Requests for an extension of the lock will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- How do I sign up for Career Advantage?
- You can sign up for Career Advantage simply by scheduling a campus visit — either during an Open House or by scheduling an individual visit. When filling out your registration, make sure to select the option to "Speak with a Career Advisor."
- How do I earn my ACE Certificate?
- You can begin the process of earning your ACE Certificate by filling out the form on the Center for Career Development's website. After receiving your form, the Career Development staff will work with you through the process of earning your ACE Certificate.
- How do I sign up for UE Connect?
- All UE students and alumni can sign up for UE Connect on the Office of Alumni & Parent Relations website. Simply fill out the form, and we will connect you to an alumni or friend of the university in either your field or your geographic area.