This fiscal year through UE's student phonathon, student callers were able to raise over $165k to various UE funds! Without the generous support from donors such as yourself these students would not be at UE today and they wanted to say "Thank you!" Your donations really do make a difference!
Every student at the University of Evansville benefits from the generosity of UE alumni, parents, and friends.
Whether you receive a scholarship, study in the Ridgway University Center, attend athletic events, or simply use the equipment in your classroom, donations to the University of Evansville have positively affected your UE experience. By joining the UE community, you became part of a family of alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and friends committed to making a difference in your life and education.
As a UE student (and future alum), we ask that you join that tradition to help your fellow students. Of course, no one is asking students to give a lot of money – only to invest in your UE experience through actions like:
- Saying “thank you” to your scholarship donor by attending the annual Gift of Scholarship Dinner
- Helping spread the word about how awesome our alumni are and about all they have given us: check out Philanthropy Week to find info about this fun, annual event held in March (Potential link to overview of Philanthropy week page – would be nice come march anyway)
- Joining the Student Alumni Ambassadors (SAA) and help support the student philanthropy project this year!
- Volunteering on campus and in the community for a cause that is important to you
- Graduating? Click here to purchase a brick to leave your mark on campus. (Link to give page)
- Also, be on the lookout for social and networking events for seniors with UE alumni throughout the year
Looking for a way to help spread the word about UE … and raise money for programs and student scholarships in the process?
Each fall and spring semester, the Office of Development hires students to call alumni, parents, and friends of the University during the UE Phonathon. The goal is to build relationships, and to raise money for student scholarships, UE programs, and other University funds.
So if you’re a bright, energetic, and proud UE student, we encourage you to become a Phonathon volunteer. Responsibilities of the job include:
- Soliciting alumni, parents, and friends of the University to make an annual gift to the Annual Fund, Parents' Fund, Harlaxton College Fund, Athletics Scholarship Fund or the Fund for Educational Excellence.
- Updating prospective donors about current UE projects, happenings and events on campus.
- Verifying and updating prospects' information accurately.
- Gaining experience and knowledge within the Phonathon Program for next year.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Commitment to the Mission of UE and the Phonathon Program
- UE Student Status Required
- Previous Sales or Customer Service Experience Preferred, but not Required