Contemporary European Business Issues
Dr. Omer Bayar, Recipient of the 2012 Schroeder School of Business Dean’s Teaching Award
Dates: May 2 – 17, 2013
Join Dr. Bayar on this 2-week opportunity to experience and examine cultural differences and their impact on business practices in Europe. This program is designed to provide a comparative assessment of contemporary business issues in the United Kingdom and Turkey with special focus on the current state of the European Union and current economic conditions. Students will examine the economic, political, legal, social, and cultural factors that affect the business conditions in these countries and their interconnections with the rest of the world.
Students will be immersed in real-world business conditions through visits to local companies, in which they will hear first hand from executives who are currently navigating today’s challenging global business environment. During such visits, students will learn about specific strategies firms are taking in order to retain and increase their global competitiveness.
The course will provide practical applications of course material via on-site corporate visits, guest speakers, and cultural visits in the UK and Turkey.
- Gain an understanding of the current European business environment through in-depth examination of regional and global factors.
- Learn how this understanding can be used to develop global business strategies for individual companies in and outside of Europe.
- Identify and appreciate the economic, political, legal, social, and cultural similarities and differences among individual countries within the region, and between those countries and the rest of the world.
- Increase their cultural awareness and examine how cultural diversity impacts business practices.
Application Process (Priority deadline: January 25):
Complete the appropriate application form and submit it to Ms. Barbara Pieroni at email@example.com.
- University of Evansville students may also complete the scholarship application (optional) and submit electronically to Ms. Katie Ciccarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.