- Tell us about the award you recently received.
- I won the Gilman Scholarship which is a $5,000 award for study abroad opportunities for Pell-Grant eligible students. When I get back, I have to do a follow-up project which I will do through the local Spanish newspaper "La Vereda".
- What is your major?
- International Studies and Spanish with a Latin American Studies Minor
- Year in school?
- Graduate - 2007
- Aurora, CO
- Things you have done while attending UE?
- Attended Harlaxton College fall 2005, Amnesty International President (went to conference in Chicago, organized Save Darfur Concert...), work in the International Students Office, Admission Ambassadors, Mentor program with President Jennings, going to Chile next semester, took Russian!
- Most impressionable experience since being at UE?
- Probably my work with Amnesty International-it's really opened my eyes to a lot of things, and my trip to Harlaxton.
- Favorite professor and why?
- Dr. Milner- he is such a great advisor and has been a huge support to me.
- Favorite class and why?
- History of Latin America- it was incredibly interesting and well taught.
- Clubs and organizations in which you are active and which one means the most to you and why?
- Amnesty International- definitely the most meaningful. I really felt that I made a difference for people; Admissions Ambassadors; work with international students; work with foreign language department.