Students enrolled in the B/MD program will enjoy close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, and extensive hands on lab experience in state-of-the-art facilities.
To maintain eligibility in the B/MD program once accepted, students must achieve the following:
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 for the first 31 undergraduate credit hours
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 by the time the student earns 62 credit hours
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 after 62 hours through the time the student is ready to matriculate into the first year of medical school
Students who fail to maintain the minimum cumulative grade point average requirements for the B/MD program will be dismissed from the program; however, they can retain their Presidential Scholarships, provided they meet UE requirements for continuing as a Presidential Scholar.
To matriculate into the IU School of Medicine-Evansville, students must have:
- Completed all requirements for the University of Evansville undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 of higher
- Completed all prerequisite courses established by IUSM-Evansville, which include courses such as biology, physics, chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, psychology, and sociology (Students may choose any major they wish; however, they must take all prerequisite courses)
- Taken the MCAT and obtained a score equal to the average of the previous year’s entering class at Indiana University School of Medicine
- Completed the AAMC application form and have student credentials submitted to the School of Medicine’s Admission Committee for affirmation
Students not meeting the above requirements will not be allowed to matriculate directly into IU School of Medicine, but they may seek admission through the normal pathway.