The University of Evansville's School of Education provides a great place for student organizations. The following organizations are represented:
- Indiana Student Education Association (ISEA)
- Kappa Kappa Iota (KKI)
- UE Council for Exceptional Children
As a student member of NEA, you "will be a part of the nation's largest education association (3.2 million members) working to provide you with tools and resources for a successful career" (NEA website). Below are some of the many benefits of joining ISEA:
- $1 MILLION in professional liability coverage that protects you every time you step into a classroom! ISEA offers other legal services such as will writing and consulting, as well as access to its network, so you can make connections with future and current teachers across the state and globe.
- Free admission to professional conferences and workshops.
- Opportunity for state and national ISEA leadership positions.
- Indicates professional leadership interests on resumes
- Provides connection with the UE faculty and community.
- Discounts and services (low-interest credit cards , car rentals, mortgage plan with low down payment options, early-start investment plan for retirement , life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, magazine subscriptions, 18% off of your monthly Sprint bill and more).
- Scholarship opportunities.
- PRAXIS Study Guide.
- Free copies of NEA Today and ISTA newsletter.
- Opportunity to be a part of legislation and lobbying.
Also, there is a dues rebate after graduation for each year of membership.
Kappa Kappa Iota is a professional organization for educators. The purpose is to promote the advancement of education by providing an effective network for the exchange of education and teaching practices by educators.
UE Council for Exceptional Children
This professional organization benefits parents and teachers of children and adults with exceptional needs.