Meet Dr. James MacLeod
Watch our video series as History Professor James MacLeod talks about his Irish heritage, love for soccer, and his love of history.
The History Program
Learn about the distinctive curriculum offered in the University of Evansville's Department of History.
Who Attends UE?
Who will be studying alongside me if I major in History at UE?
History Department Events
Small classes and a close-knit department make UE's Department of History a second family to our students.
Outside the Classroom
At UE, you don't just learn about history: You get real world experience with it.
The Department of History at the University of Evansville nurtures high academic standards. Faculty deliver a rigorous, challenging education balanced with one-on-one support and mentoring from faculty. Students gain valuable hands-on experiences, work with a faculty advisor to explore a variety of career options, complete an original research project on a subject they choose, and study abroad. Upon graduation, students will be equipped with the skills for a life of personal and professional success.
Benefits for UE History Students
Majoring in history gives you the tools to develop a clear understanding of our world and make sense of the forces that shape our lives on a daily basis. UE professors teach because of their passion and love for the subject, and desire to help students succeed by offering the following:
- Courses that are dynamic, innovative, exciting, and challenging.
- A friendly and supportive learning environment with a family atmosphere.
- Thoughtful personal guidance for your long-term future.
- Undergraduate research opportunities.
- Internships at locations such as the Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science; History New Harmony; and Angel Mounds State Historic Site.