Tuition and Financial Assistance
Tuition, Fees and Other Charges
- Tuition and fees for the 2013/2014 academic year: $30,596.00.
- Room and board is approximately $10,460 depending on the choice of residence
- Summer courses are charged per credit hour. The estimated cost per credit hour for summer 2014 is $475.00 plus a registration fee.
- Textbooks cost approximately $400.00 per semester
- Students engaged in clinical internships assume the associated costs for tuition, travel and lodging.
- Program fees (manuals, lab fees, cost for background checks, etc.) $150.00 annually.
UE Students in both the 3+3 and the 4+3 models will receive their primary UE merit-based scholarship throughout undergraduate and graduate studies, as long as all renewal criteria are met. View full financial aid policy for UE Pre-Physical Therapy and/or Doctor of Physical Therapy students.
Second degree seeking students are students who have completed a bachelor's degree at another university, but plan to pursue the professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at UE. If selected for admission into the DPT program, these students will be considered for a UE Academic Scholarship currently worth $10,000 per year when they enroll in the program. Students with a bachelor’s degree may borrow at the graduate level in the Federal Direct Stafford Loan and Grad PLUS Loan programs. This financial aid information also applies to students who earned a BS degree from UE but did not immediately continue in the DPT program.
Please note: The Doctor of Physical Therapy class entering the program in summer 2014 is full. Should applications from second degree applicants be accepted for summer 2015, financial aid information will be available on this site in the summer of 2014.
For more information, call the Office of Financial Aid at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-8634. To apply for aid, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).
Financial Assistance for Physical Therapist Assistant Students
PTA students are eligible to be considered for all types of aid (merit-based grants, scholarships, loans) provided they attend full time and do not possess a bachelor's degree. For more information call the Office of Financial Aid at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-9634. To apply for aid, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).