Director of Athletics
The University of Evansville (UE) invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Athletics. UE competes in Division I, the highest level of intercollegiate athletics. UE is a member of the Missouri Valley Conference, along with Bradley, Drake, Illinois State, Indiana State, Loyola, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, Southern Illinois, and Wichita State.
- Provide leadership that reflects a commitment and adherence to the highest standards of integrity in academic, financial and business matters, as well as full compliance with NCAA rules and regulations and other applicable policies and state and federal laws, including Title IX
- Lead by example in sustaining a strong commitment to an inclusive, diverse environment that best serves the needs of our student-athletes, coaches, and staff
- Advance programs, policies and procedures that promote and support the academic success and general welfare of all student-athletes
- Represent the athletic department and UE to all internal and external constituents, including the UE Board of Trustees, the Purple Aces Club, the UE Alumni Association, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community
- The successful candidate will be expected to have senior level administrative experience; administrative experience in intercollegiate athletic administration is strongly preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, fundraising and management skills, and demonstrated ability to lead a strategically driven athletics program
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with multiple constituencies.
Candidate Application and Nomination Process:
CarrSports Consulting, LLC is serving as search counsel. Nominations and references should be sent to Bill Carr at: email@example.com.
Applicants must apply by submitting a letter of application, résumé and a list of 5 references electronically to: https://highereddecisions.com/csc/current_vacancies.asp
No hardcopy documents will be accepted. To receive full consideration, candidates must submit electronically by July 31, 2014 all required initial documents plus any additional documents requested by CarrSports Consulting, LLC.
The University of Evansville operates under a non-discriminatory policy with regard to race, color, creed or religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.