Pillars of Excellence
While each fraternity and sorority on the UE campus has its own distinct character, philanthropies, colors, and inter/nation histories, there are values that are shared among all of UE's Greek Life.
We call these our Five Pillars of Excellence:
- UE Greek students are highly involved on campus. From student government to orientation leaders, to Resident Assistants and Division I athletes, Greek students are everywhere!
- There are several ways for you to get involved and gain leadership experience while a student at UE. One of the best ways is to join a fraternity or sorority. Each organization has opportunities for students to hold leadership roles from President to social chair or community service chair. There are also community-wide leadership positions within the Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council and the Inter-Greek Council (IGC).
The University of Evansville Greek Life community excels inside the classroom. Since 1996 the all-Greek GPA has been above a 3.0. You can download and review our semester grade reports below.
- Spring 2012 (Coming soon)
- Fall 2011 (Coming soon)
- Spring 2011 (Coming soon)
- Fall 2010 (Coming soon)
- Spring 2010 (Coming soon)
- Fall 2009 (Coming soon)
Organized Social Programs
Each organization hosts their own formal and semi-formal dances throughout the year. In addition there are opportunities for more causal date parties, mixers and social parties.
- Welcome Week Events
- Intramural sports
- Musical Madness
- Greek Week
Community Service and Philanthropy
- Service to others is a shared value of all our Fraternities and Sororities. Each organization supports a national and/or local philanthropy by raising money through events held on campus. Some events include: Glamour Girl, Big Man on Campus, Survival of the Fittest, SigEp-A-Go-Go, Hot-Tub-A-Thon, Teeter-Totter-A-Thon, Pancake Breakfast, Hoops for Kids, Penny Wars and Leggs.
- In 2011-2012 the UE Greek Community raised $52, 727.40 for philanthropic causes
- Musical Madness is a musical/skit competition held annually. The event is open to all student organizations to participate. Each year the student directors select a local charity to support through the ticket sales revenue. In 2012 Musical Madness raised $3000.00 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Evansville.
- In addition to raising money, the community participates in many community service projects. Each organization encourages its members to be active members of the UE and Evansville community through service projects. In 2011-2012 the UE Greek community completed 11638 hours of community service.
- Trick or Eat is a community service opportunity open to all UE students and hosted by UE Greek Life. Each year, on Halloween, students dress up and go door to door trick or treating for canned foods, personal hygiene items and other products that may be in need. The items are then donated to a local organization. Past recipients include St. John the Apostle Food back, AIDS Resource Group, and the Tri-State Food Bank.
- Fraternity and Sorority membership provides you with a huge network of friends on campus and beyond. Each organization commits to the betterment of each individual through educational programs, teambuilding experiences, fun socials and shared values.
- All fraternities and sororities participate in our UE Intramural program. Intramural sports range from one day tournaments to several week long seasons. From competitive play in A league, to simple fun times in C league there is something for everyone.
- The friendships formed in a fraternity or sorority are deep, meaningful relationships that last a lifetime.