2013-14 Scholarships for Transfer Students
The awards listed below are for traditional, undergraduate, domestic students transferring to UE for the 2013-14 academic year and are available only for full-time enrollment. Your Application for Admission serves as the initial application for all UE merit scholarships. No UE scholarship or need-based grant is available to students who already have a bachelor's degree, with the exception of those accepted into the last three years of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
A student may receive only one of the awards listed in purple. The scholarship of highest value will be awarded when the student qualifies for more than one. Additional need-based assistance may be added to your merit-based award, as well as one award from the gold and one award from the orange groups below.
The following scholarships are available for transfer students entering UE in the 2013-14 academic year.
Academic Scholarship ($10,500 - 12,500 per year)
- Awarded to students who have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 at their previous institution(s).
- Renewable with a UE GPA 2.50.
Music and Theatre Scholarships ($10,500 - 12,500 per year)
- Auditions and interviews are required for students applying to the Departments of Music or Theatre. Talent may influence the amount of the student's merit scholarship.
- Office of Admission can assist with scheduling an audition.
- Renewable with a UE GPA of 2.50.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship ($14,000)
- For members of Phi Theta Kappa Honorary at their community colleges.
- Renewable with a UE GPA of 2.50.
University of Evansville Scouting Scholarship ($13,000 per year)
- Candidates must have earned the Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout, Girl Scouts of the USA Gold Award, Sea Scouting Quartermaster Award, Venturing Silver Award, or the American Heritage Girls Stars and Stripes Award.
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 from previous institution(s).
- Renewable with a UE GPA of at least 2.5.
Articulation Agreement Scholarships ($12,500 - 15,000 per year)
- Awarded to students who transfer directly from a two-year articulation program partner college, complete articulation agreement course work requirements, and receive recommendation endorsements from their academic advisors.
|Cumulative GPA at Time of Transfer||UE Articulation Agreement Scholarship|
|3.50 and higher||$15,000|
|3.00 to 3.49||$14,000|
|2.50 to 2.99||$12,500|
Students who hold active membership in Phi Theta Kappa and receive recommendations of endorsement from the chapter's advisor will receive an additional $500 annual merit scholarship from UE.
Aces Award ($4,000 per year)
- Awarded to students who demonstrate potential for academic & co-curricular success at UE.
- Renewable by meeting UE satisfactory academic progress standards.
The University of Evansville competes at the NCAA Division I level. All 14 men's and women's sports offer athletic scholarships. Many cannot be combined with our merit awards, due to NCAA rules. Contact the coach of your sport for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The preceding awards listed in purple cannot be combined. Even though you may qualify for more than one, you will be awarded only the one of highest value.
Students receiving a full-tuition scholarship or athletic aid are not eligible for these additional scholarships.
One of the following scholarships listed in gold may be added on to any University of Evansville merit award. Students receiving full-tuition scholarships are ineligible for these awards.
Legacy Award ($500 per year)
- Awarded to children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of UE graduates.
United Methodist Scholarship ($500 per year)
- Awarded if student is a member of a United Methodist Church and recommended by a minister
Unless the student is already receiving an award worth full-tuition, one of the following orange awards may be added to the student's purple and gold scholarships:
Art Major Scholarships ($1,000 per year)
Applicants who will major in the visual arts may submit a portfolio of work to the Department of Art prior to March 1, 2013.
- Recipients will be selected based on talent.
- Scholarships are renewable with a UE GPA of 2.0 and continued major in art.
Music Ensemble Participation Grant
This $500 award is for non-music majors whose talent qualifies them to participate in band, choir, or orchestra. It is based on an audition with the Department of Music, prior to matriculation to UE. The audition must be completed by March 20, 2013. Renewal requires continued participation in an eligible ensemble.
Athletic Manager and Trainer Grants
Awarded at the discretion of UE's athletic manager or trainer to students who assist with UE's NCAA Division I athletic teams.
Awarded to the older UE student when a younger sibling enrolls. Award is $1,500 per year, while both students attend UE. Entering twins or triplets each receive $1,000 per year.