Previous Strategic Plan
Deliver Academic Excellence
Deliver academic excellence in order to provide life-transforming educational experiences that prepare students to engage the world as informed, ethical, and productive global citizens. We will focus on student achievement and success, faculty development and support, active and collaborative learning, student engagement, and the lifelong pursuit of truth and meaning.
- Provide distinctive academic experiences to help students become informed, ethical, and productive global citizens.
- Provide a holistic learning environment for students.
- Attract and support an outstanding faculty in order to deliver quality programs, sustain scholarship, and enhance service.
- Create a culture of student success that integrates learning experiences which attracts students to the UE experience, fosters their achievement, and maximizes their success.
Optimize overall enrollment to support academic quality and student life and strengthen the financial stability of the institution. Effectively articulate the University's uniqueness as defined by the five hallmarks of the Evansville Experience. Implement strategies that continuously improve the institution's ability to manage financial aid and enrollment. Enhance the success and persistence of students through integrated programs based upon the University's life-transforming experiences and focus on global citizenship.
- Determine enrollment targets by students' areas of interest for undergraduate, graduate, continuing education, and Intensive English populations. Implement recruitment plans to achieve enrollment targets.
- Enhance recruitment plans by identifying and employing multiple mediums to reach diverse markets that allow the University to articulate institutional distinctiveness. Engage diverse populations in relationship building to reach enrollment targets.
- Generate greater net revenue from student enrollment for the University.
- Engage campus wide involvement to improve student success and retention rates.
Integrate Student Life
Integrate student life into the overall educational experience of students by providing opportunities for curricular and co-curricular collaboration. Intentionally create an environment that supports a culture of connection to the University, student success, and global understanding through avenues of self-discovery, character development, leadership opportunities, and community engagement.
- Create an integrated philosophy of service that supports a culture of community and engagement.
- Address physical, psychological, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual wellness in a comprehensive manner.
- Implement a broad-based approach to identify and assist at-risk students.
- Empower students to critically develop and examine their core values, ethical responsibility, and civic commitment.
- Embrace every facet of the University as an opportunity for lifelong learning, intellectual curiosity, and personal development.
Enhance Public Relations, Institutional Marketing, and Communication
Enhance public relations, institutional marketing, and communication efforts in selected key cities and in the UE campus community. Continue to grow a strong and consistent brand identity for the University which is defined through its core purpose, vision, and values. Create a culture of cohesiveness, pride, and engagement for the UE family which includes alumni, students, faculty, staff, donors, parents, trustees, as well as its namesake, the City of Evansville.
- Research and then define which key cities will assist the University in moving forward toward being the most admired, respected, and supported comprehensive university in the Midwest.
- In all stages of communication, utilize components of the Integrated Marketing Communication Plan to continue the growth of a strong and consistent brand identity.
- Create a culture of engagement which will build cohesiveness and pride in each audience of the University.
Strengthen Financial Resources
Strengthen long-term financial stability for the University through program development, cost and financial aid management, a successful U●Envision 2010 campaign, and endowment growth. Identify resources to attract and retain quality students, faculty, and staff; promote diversity; improve facilities in accordance with the master facility and deferred maintenance plans; and provide for life-transforming educational experiences to prepare students for global citizenship.
- Identify new and enhance current funding sources.
- Continue expense management initiatives and evaluate resource allocation.
- Enhance financial awareness and fiscal responsibility across campus community.
- Provide adequate facilities to assist in meeting the academic and student life missions of the University.
- Pursue aggressively fundraising and grant opportunities through the Office of Institutional Advancement and the Department of Athletics.
Maintain a Model Division I Athletics Program
Maintain a model Division I intercollegiate athletics program which provides life-transforming educational experiences for its student-athletes, enhances campus life for the student body, and positively engages the entire University community, city of Evansville, and surrounding region.
- Maximize the educational experience of every student-athlete enrolled at the University of Evansville.
- Build campus and community support of the athletics program through increased competitive success, the integration of student-athletes into the mainstream of University life, effective branding, and innovative marketing and fund-raising initiatives.
Commit to Multicultural Diversity
Commit to an inclusive campus community that values and respects all its members and achieves educational excellence through diversity in ways that encourage all to develop an earnest concern for others and for the welfare of our world.
- Develop a shared and inclusive understanding of diversity.
- Create a campus culture that values and embraces diversity.
- Build a campus community that represents and embodies diversity.
- Cultivate alliances with external constituencies of underrepresented diverse populations.