Freshman Student Admission Guidelines
High School Courses
Candidates for admission to the University of Evansville are expected to have studied a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, which includes these high school subjects, at the minimum:
- English – four years
- Math – three years; four years highly recommended
- Lab Sciences – three years
- Social Sciences – three years
NOTE: Chemistry required for engineering and nursing.
These courses are recommended, but not required for admission consideration:
- Foreign Language - two years
Students applying for admission to the University of Evansville's Fall 2015 freshman class will be required to submit results from either the ACT (with the Writing Test) or the SAT-I (critical reading, math, and writing).
Application Essay Policy
All applicants are required to submit an essay of 250–500 words. Review the application essay requirements and essay topics.
The University of Evansville's early action deadline is December 1. If you apply on or before December 1, your admission and scholarship decision will be mailed no later than December 15. Admission and scholarships will be offered on a space available basis after December 1.
New academic information (test scores, grades) may be submitted to the University of Evansville prior to February 16, 2015.
* Students interested in the physical therapy direct entry program must have an SAT-I score of at least 1200 on the math and critical reading sections or a combined three part score of 1800 or higher on the SAT (must have a score of at least 500 on each section), or an ACT score of at least 27, and submit a completed Application for Admission and Scholarship to UE by November 1, 2014. For additional information, please view our information on the physical therapy direct entry program.
Applying for Admission
Instructions for completing the online Application for Admission and Scholarships:
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your essay, official high school transcript, and SAT or ACT.
Instructions for completing the paper application:
Questions regarding admission requirements may be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.