The International Studies Program
With courses spanning several disciplines, UE's International Studies program prepares students for a world where problems and careers aren't restricted to single disciplines, but instead require a broad base of skills and knowledge.
Beyond the Classroom
Research opportunities, study abroad, international internships - students in UE's International Studies program have these opportunities and more to put the skills and knowledge they gain in the classroom to use out in the world.
Service Learning Projects
UE's International Studies program combines academic work with community service to offer students the opportunity to experience diverse cultures - all while making a positive impact on the world.
With courses spanning political science, foreign languages, international relations, and more, UE’s International Studies Program prepares students for a world where problems and careers aren’t restricted to single disciplines, but require a broad base of skills and knowledge. Beyond the classroom, students study abroad, hold internships, and conduct research to prepare for successful careers.
Benefits for UE International Studies Students
- Exciting internship opportunities at the United Nations, European Union, US State Department, foreign governments, and more.
- A faculty academic advisor dedicated to helping students succeed in their courses, start a career, and apply for graduate school.
- Undergraduate research, including opportunities to work closely with faculty and present work at national meetings and conferences.
- Model United Nations, an annual competition that encourages students to develop knowledge of global issues, research methods, negotiation, and public speaking.
- Summer study abroad programs throughout Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa (Evansville faculty members and students travel together for a six-week intensive program).
International studies majors go on to succeed in diverse career fields, including:
- International organizations