Meet Kristy Miller, PhD
Learn about faculty member Kristy Miller’s love of chemistry, advice to students, and growing up in southwestern Indiana.
Beyond the Classroom
At the University of Evansville, you don't only learn about chemistry in the classroom - you practice it in the field.
Students in UE's Department of Chemistry work with top-of-the-line equipment they would only expect to find at larger universities.
The Chemistry Program
Explore the opportunities available to students in UE's Department of Chemistry.
With more than 99 percent of recent graduates either attending graduate school or working full-time in a chemistry-related field, the University of Evansville's Department of Chemistry is proud to offer students the tools they need to succeed.
Our award-winning faculty work closely with each student in the classroom, in our state-of-the-art lab facilities, and in the field, where all students have the opportunity to do research alongside their professors. The result is a high success rate among students, both during their time on campus and when they move on to graduate school, professional school, or medical school, or working full time in the field of professional chemistry.
Benefits for UE Chemistry Students
- Undergraduate research alongside faculty members through UExplore Undergraduate Research or other similar research programs.
- Close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, and extensive hands-on lab experience in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Co-ops or internships at Mead Johnson Nutrition, SABIC Innovative Plastics, Red Spot Paint, and more.
- Experience of working as a UE lab assistant, supplemental instructor, or chemistry tutor while also earning money.
- Connecting with other students by joining the Chemistry Club.
Approximately one-third of UE chemistry department graduates are accepted into prestigious chemistry graduate programs, one-third into professional school (medical school, dental school, etc.), and the remainder are employed in the chemical industry upon graduation.