Exercise and Sport Science Programs
Athletic Training. Sport Management. Public Health. And, of course, Exercise Science. UE's Department of Exercise and Sport Science has numerous programs to prepare students for careers in the sport sciences.
In the University of Evansville’s Department of Exercise and Sport Science, students find a dynamic environment for the study of health, fitness, wellness, and sport. The University of Evansville is one of a few select schools nationally that has been accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education and recognized by the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Students will graduate with the values, experiences, and skills they need to help others transform their lives through healthy behavior.
Benefits for UE Exercise and Sport Science Students
- Working with local high school and collegiate athletes.
- Conducting research with faculty in the Dunigan Movement Analysis Lab.
- Exciting internships with professional sports teams, health care facilities, corporate wellness programs, and more.
- Connecting with other students through the EXSS Club and other campus organizations.
Graduates of the Department of Exercise and Sport Science will be prepared to succeed in the following careers:
- Athletic trainers with high school, collegiate, or professional athletes, or sports medicine clinics
- Personal trainers in corporate wellness programs or other fitness centers
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- Managers of fitness centers and sports venues
- Medical technologists