The History Program
Learn about the distinctive curriculum offered in the University of Evansville's Department of History.
Who Attends UE?
Who will be studying alongside me if I major in History at UE?
History Department Events
Small classes and a close-knit department make UE's Department of History a second family to our students.
Outside the Classroom
At UE, you don't just learn about history: You get real world experience with it.
The Department of History at the University of Evansville nurtures high academic standards. Faculty deliver a rigorous, challenging education balanced with one-on-one support and mentoring from faculty. Students gain valuable hands-on experiences, work with a faculty advisor to explore a variety of career options, complete an original research project on a subject they choose, and study abroad. Upon graduation, students will be equipped with the skills for a life of personal and professional success.
Benefits for UE History Students
Majoring in history gives you the tools to develop a clear understanding of our world and make sense of the forces that shape our lives on a daily basis. UE professors teach because of their passion and love for the subject, and desire to help students succeed by offering the following:
- Courses that are dynamic, innovative, exciting, and challenging.
- A friendly and supportive learning environment with a family atmosphere.
- Thoughtful personal guidance for your long-term future.
- Undergraduate research opportunities.
- Internships at locations such as the Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science; History New Harmony; and Angel Mounds State Historic Site.